Any plastic surgery journey begins with an informational consultation with your selected surgeon. This consultation appointment is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about your desired procedure, set treatment goals and expectations, and familiarize yourself with the plastic surgeon and his unique approach.
In order to make the most of your time with the surgeon, it’s a good idea to do a little prep and bring along a list of questions to ask. Here is a sample list of topics and questions, provided by Vancouver plastic surgeon Eric Pugash. Please feel free to print this list out and take it with you to your appointment.
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many surgeries have you performed?
- Are you board-certified?
- What medical school did you attend?
- Where did you complete your residency training?
- Did you finish any specialty or fellowship training programs?
Your Requested Procedure
- Is this procedure a good fit for my needs?
- What type of results are typical?
- How can I maintain reasonable expectations?
- Would you recommend an adjunct procedure to enhance the results?
- May I see some of your before-and-after photographs of your previous patients?
- What are the risks and potential complications?
The Surgical Experience
- Where do you perform surgery?
- How can I best prepare for surgery?
- What can I expect on the day of surgery?
- What are my options for anesthesia?
- What happens when I wake up after surgery? When can I return home?
- What will the first few days of my surgical recovery entail?
- How do you handle complications?
- What is your policy on revision surgery, if needed?
- What do patients tell you they wish they would have known prior to surgery?
Recovery and Aftercare
- Will I have drains after surgery?
- When should I return to your office for my first follow-up visit?
- Whom should I call if I have questions?
- When can I shower?
- When can I return to work?
- When can I resume exercise/sports activities?
- When can I resume driving?
- How can I best maintain my results?
Schedule Your Consultation
To schedule an informational consultation with Dr. Pugash to discuss your desired procedure, please call (604) 522-5199 today.